Thursday, May 10, 2012

What I'm thankful for: May 10

Today I'm thankful for...

Being engaged!

Here's the long awaited (ha ha) engagement posting! For this unaware, Will proposed to me on Saturday, May 5. We were at the park having pictures made as a way for a couple that one of my friends from college goes to church with to raise money to adopt a baby (is that convoluted enough? All of the knowledge I have about grammar just went out of the window...). The shot started out on shaky terms; I hadn't been able to get all of the details, so I wasn't even 100% sure that the photographer knew we were there. I texted another friend who had done it a few days prior, and between her help and the husband in the couple spotting us, we finally got started. The photographer asked us what kind of poses we wanted, and neither of us really had a good answer, so she guided us through the process until we started giving some input. At one point, I even thought it would be a good idea for him to hang off of a pull up bar so we could have a Spiderman movie moment. Ah, what a dork I am! ;) It was pretty hot that afternoon, and we only had a 30 minute session, so I was about ready to wind it up when Will said he had an idea for one last pose. We were standing a few feet away from the photographer, and he dropped down to one knee and began proposing. In my typical fashion, I giggled (a lot!) and asked if he was for real or just doing it for the photo opportunity (I know, I know). He assured me that he was really proposing, and I said yes! Then I said I had to call my mama lol. The photographer was crying, and she got shots of the proposal! She's working on editing the pictures, and I'll post them on my Facebook page as soon as we get them!

So, that's our story! We're working on the details of the wedding, including the date, and I'll share that as soon as we get it nailed down and talk to our families. I'm so, so, so excited, and I'm glad that I have been blessed with this man! Thank you to everyone who has sent their well wishes and congratulations to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment