Friday, December 7, 2012

What I'm thankful for: December 7

Today I'm thankful for...

Libraries!

I might be just a little biased since I've worked in libraries for nearly 7 years, but I'm extremely grateful for them. I love free stuff because I'm cheap frugal, and libraries are the ultimate place to get free stuff (as long as you return items on time and don't run up a ton of late fees. Not that I've ever returned stuff late or anything...). Libraries don't just have books; most have movies (and good ones too! Not just documentaries...unless you like those...they have them too!), and many larger libraries have music- both physical CDs and MP3 downloading services. Plus, some libraries have quiet spaces to study and get work done, which is great if you're a student, a writer, or just like to sit in relative silence sometimes without paying for a coffee at a coffee shop. And libraries have computers (and often free WiFi) that you can use, so if your home computer is being terrible, you have an alternative.

If you've never visited your local library, then quite frankly, I'm not sure how we're friends still. ;-P

Also, today (as always), I'm thankful for our military as we remember Pearl Harbor. Hug a soldier today, and then direct him/her to the nearest library. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment