Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What I'm thankful for: January 3

Today I'm thankful for...

Friends!
With friends from college in September 2010

With church friends after a Joy Ride event in May 2011

With church friends at the Joy Ride cookout in October 2011
Notice how only 2 of us were cool enough to wear costumes ;-p

Since yesterday's post was about my family, I decided to devote today to my friends. Once again, I'm including everyone in one big generalized lump. ;) Friends are usually referred to as the family you choose. If you choose your friends correctly, then they can be a great blessing in your life.

I'll go ahead and make a confession also. I'm not the greatest friend in the world. I tend to forget to keep up with people until it's been months or even years since I've seen or talked to them. Then, I'll make an awkward effort to reconnect that usually doesn't happen. I'm going to try to do better this year because there are a lot of people I want to reconnect with and a lot of people I want to become better friends with. So, force me out of my hermit-like state this year so we can be friends!

Enough philosophizing for now. I'm going to go email some old and potentially new friends! (Also, I'm going to count the number of times I wrote the word "friends" in this post and try to get the Friends theme song out of my head).

No comments:

Post a Comment